Thursday 5 April 2018

Upcycling | DIY Plastic Bag Holder

Lately I've been trying to cut down waste in my life. I'm normally not into crafts but I thought this is an opportune time for me to do some simple DIY stuff since I'm moving into our home these few months and there are plenty of stuff that we need to buy.

Plastic bags. 

We bring recyclable bags to the stores as much as we can but sometimes we forget. And the amount of plastic bags in the house can sometimes go out of control. *Hangs head in shame.* 

My mum has been using the IKEA Variera plastic bag dispenser for years and it's been doing its job. Now that I'm shifting, I could of course take the easy way out and get another one, but I decided to recycle materials that are lurking in my parents' place instead. Saves me some pennies and the earth.

I started with this can of Lay's chips.


Cleaned the inside of the can and decorated it. Now you can use wrapping paper but I decided to make it cuter, and used some scrap paper lying around that would otherwise never have seen the light of day.



Finally, I used an exacto knife to cut an opening where the mouth is.



How cute is this?!! Major love. 😍
W
W

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

No comments:

Post a Comment