Friday 29 July 2016

Review | What to Do in Taipei: Cooking Class by Ivy from Ivy's Kitchen

I read with much amusement that Chun Cui He 純萃喝,  the Taiwanese brand known for their milk teas, actually flew off the shelves of 7-11 shortly after they landed in Singapore. As I write, many outlets have ran out of stock of this drink. And some guy even tried to sell just the empty bottle alone on Carousell. What?!

I mean, I know we Singaporeans love Taiwan and its food, but this brings it to a new level.

Don't get me wrong - I adore Taiwanese food, but there's certainly more to Taiwan than milk tea. Its people, in my mind, are what makes the place equally appealing as a travel destination. Their sales staff are generally not pesky, and those passers-by are mostly warm and helpful. You get the idea. But if there's one person you have to meet, it's Ivy from Ivy's Kitchen, who runs cooking classes from her home. 

I was initially apprehensive about attending a solo cooking class, but eventually decided to go ahead with it after coming across positive reviews on the internet. I was so glad I made the trip. Ivy sat me down for a quick chat over tea the moment I reached, before we proceeded to her kitchen to prepare the dishes that I had pre-indicated in my emails.

I was really looking forward to a hearty meal!

And together, we made:
Bamboo Skewers with Shrimp

Lychee Pork


Hot and Sour Soup


The food turned out absolutely delicious and I had a memorable night. Ivy came across as someone deeply passionate about local produce - just ask her where to get the freshest Taiwan produce and she'll point you to the right direction. I was very much stoked by her kitchen as well! Though it wasn't big by any standard, I loved its semi-open concept to bits!

All in all, this is a fun activity for families and solo travellers alike to add to your TW itinerary, if you haven't already planned one :) Just make sure you book her calendar in advance, because her schedule is very hectic!
W
W

This is a short biography of the post author. Maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec vitae sapien ut libero venenatis faucibus nullam quis ante maecenas nec odio et ante tincidunt tempus donec.

No comments:

Post a Comment